Photo by Caleb Kenna for The Boston Globe

Monday, May 2, 2011

This week

This week I expect to make the pizza I didn't make last week which is with salsa puttanesca. Putanesca sauce is made with chopped anchovies, capers, kalamata olives, parsley, garlic, tomatoes and olive oil. There will be romano and mozzarella cheese on top. I'm planning to make it on Wednesday. Otherwise, there will be the usual scones and muffins (raisin-date-walnut on Thursday) and daily breads: buttermilk whole wheat on Tuesday, anadama on Thursday, sesame seed on Friday and French bread on the weekend. If we need it, I'll bake French bread on Wednesday, but there's a lot in the freezer, so I'll probably make pizza shells instead. No hamburger rolls this week since there's plenty in the freezer. Soups will include broccoli cheddar, cream of asparagus, minestrone, and southwestern butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment